Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I Can't Stop Laughing...

Okay, two things today, neither of which I can take credit for, but both of which have had me belly-laughing for a good part of the morning:

First, a blog that I discovered for the first time today...Philosophy Over Coffee. The blogger, a UCC pastor, wrote an abso-freakin-lutely hilarious bit called "Children's Sermons That TextWeek Rejected." The link to that particular post is here. For anyone who's ever prepared a children's message, or has ever sat through a particularly excruciating one, it's pure gold.

(note: for the uninitiated, TextWeek is a site that compiles resources each week for worship and preaching. It's especially helpful for churches that use the Recised Common Lectionary, and includes commentaries, sample sermons, children's sermons, and links to art and hymn ideas. I've got a link to it on the left hand side of my page under the heading "Church Related Links.")

Second is a five second long clip that I had run across on YouTube in the past, but had forgotten about until I ran across it again over at Philosophy Over Coffee. I defy you to watch this clip entitled Dramatic Chipmunk and not laugh or smile. Make sure your sound is up, BTW. (And ignore the fact that the animal in question is most definitely not a chipmunk. Because that's beside the point.)



LH

1 comment:

Trish said...

You'd think not laughing for 5 seconds would be a breeze. Not true, not true. I laughed before the thing even turned around. Thanks for sharing.