Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Five Stress Busting Edition

From the RevGals:

1. First, and before we start busting stress, what causes you the most stress, is it big things or the small stuff ?
Definitely the big things. In fact, I probably ought to stress more over the "small stuff" than I do--I'm one of those big picture folks who doesn't miss the forest for the trees--I miss the trees for the forest. =)

2. Exercise or chocolate for stress busting ( or maybe something else)?
Between the two, definitely chocolate. In fact, the thought of exercise stresses me, which I know as time goes on will need to change in order for me to continue to take care of myself

3.What is your favourite music to chill out to?
James Taylor, Simon and Garfunkel, Joshua Radin, and Sonya Kitchell are my top four. Acoustic guitar playing singer-songwriter types. Soul healing stuff, it is. Puts my mind right at ease.

4. Where do you go to chill?
On my couch with a book, a glass of wine, and some soft music playing in the background.

5. Extrovert or introvert, do you relax at a party, or do you prefer a solitary walk?
Introvert to the Nth degree. One of the best ways I've heard to distinguish introversion and extroversion is asking the question, where does my energy come from? From being alone or from being with people? I enjoy people, but it sucks my energy to be around people for too long--like, for example, on a Sunday morning. In fact, according to this particular Myers-Briggs online test, I scored 100% introvert! (Not a common trait, methinks, in your average church youth director...) Gimme the solitary walk.

LH

12 comments:

Di said...

Ah, the singer-songwriters. Great stuff. I have a mix CD that I use to get myself out of bed in the morning (because I need something gentle and kind first thing), and they're what I use. In fact, both Simon and Garfunkel and James Taylor are on that mix.

Anonymous said...

Woo! a 100% introvert! I thought I was maxing out at 95%!

Great play!

Terri said...

Yes, me too. Except I do exercise...oh, and I can't play guitar, but I like the music choices for soul healing.

Rochelle said...

yeah for the introverts =)

revhipchick said...

i love your music for chilling out! lovely play!

Deb said...

Ooooh. Yeah! New ideas for music... I am always collecting ideas! :)

Deb
P.S. pass the chocolate!

LutheranHusker said...

Mary Beth and Rochelle...who woulda thunk it? A 100% introverted church youth director! A goofy, silly, yet still completely introverted youth director.

LutheranHusker said...

Deb--if you haven't heard Joshua Radin, you've GOTTA check him out! Sonya Kitchell, too. They're two "youngsters" who sing and play in the vein of those great singer-songwriters from the 60's and 70's. In fact, I can't believe I left Sonya Kitchell off. I'm gonna go back to my post and add her.

KristaBeth said...

Ah yes... a glass of wine. I forgot to mention that!

Enjoy the lock-in. They are never as bad as I think they will be... at least in my experience.

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

oh man oh man oh man... hope the lock in went great and can I just say I don't miss those at all!

Anonymous said...

LH -
You should check out Brett Dennen. You can hear a sample of his stuff on myspace. He's another of the acoustic young guys. I've seen him live a couple of times. Good stuff, keeps me sane in the cube farm lots of days...and Mr. Norm loves him too, has since he was a tiny pup. Tell Mrs. LH hello!
~Dana

leah said...

YOU PLAYED 1st! Congrats! And I'm so with you on the music. Yearning for long gone days, or do we simply have great taste?