Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Out of the mouths of babes...

I was in a hurry yesterday morning to whisk The Kiddo off to daycare so I could get to work. As he was eating breakfast, I was rushing around the kitchen straightening things up. After a few minutes I noticed that he had stopped eating and was watching me. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: "Keep eating."

Kiddo: (with a big grin) "Daddy, we almost forgot to pray before breakfast!"

Me: (thinking to myself) "No, we didn't almost forget. We, or I, was in too much of a hurry and hoped you wouldn't notice. What kind of church Christian Education Director and dad am I anyway? I suck."

Me: (to The Kiddo) "You're RIGHT!!! We did almost forget!"

Kiddo: "Fold your hands, daddy. I'll pray for us."

Me: (folding hands) "Okay."

Me: (thinking to myself) "Yes, please pray for me, the hustling, bustling Martha to your smiling Mary. Kid, I love you to pieces. You're only two and already teaching me things."

Kiddo: "Come Lord Jesus, be our guest. And let these gifts to us be blessed. Amen."

Me: "Amen."

Amen, indeed. Let it be so! Kiddo, thanks for reminding your daddy of my need to pray, especially during those busy and hectic times.

Amen, amen, and amen!

T.A.(P)D.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Matt! It's so good to hear from you! I can't believe "Kiddo" is speaking so well already; I haven't seen him in such a long time. I'm glad you are all doing well. God bless!