Friday, December 01, 2006

And now, for your viewing pleasure...

...one of the most improbable endings to any sporting event anywhere. It's a Texas high school football game between Plano East and John Tyler high schools from 1994. Make sure your sound is up on this one--the announcers are just as entertaining as the game.

There's a YouTube comment on this clip that sums up the announcing:

Al Michaels: "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"
Plano East radio guy: "I done wet my britches!" (and yes, that's an actual quote.)

To set the stage, as the clip begins, John Tyler H.S. (in the light-colored uniforms) is ahead 41-17 with 2:42 left in the 4th quarter (that's right, less than 3 minutes until the END OF THE GAME). Plano East currently is on offense.

Enjoy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand......action!



T.A.(P)D.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I done wet my briches!

thirdfuerst said...

My heart tore in two after seeing that! No lie! AGH!!!!