Saturday, February 03, 2007

More Kiddo Quotes

I was planning on writing about something else today, but it's going to just have to wait because I'm once again in "proud daddy showing off" mode. Both of these are from tonight at the dinner table.

1) Sweetie and I had ordered a pizza with beef, mushrooms, and jalapenos (don't ask...it was what we were both craving for whatever reason). We took all the toppings off one of the pieces for Kiddo. Well, the first bite he took must have had some residual jalapeno juice, because he suddenly started chewing faster, then looked at us with a semi-panicked smile and, reaching for his empty cup, said:

"My tongue hurts! Aaaaaaaah! More milk! More milk! More milk!"

(Sweetie pours a little milk in his cup)

(gulp)

"Ahhhhhhhhhh....now it's all better."

2) Later, after we had mostly finished eating but were still at the table, we were playing a game of I Spy. You know, "I spy, with my little eye..." Well, Kiddo has a Spongebob Squarepants placemat, and I was trying to get him to say "Spongebob." The exchange went like this:

Me: I spy with my little eye, something on your placemat that begins with the letter S.

Kiddo: Hmmmm....that's kind of a hard one. (Looking around)

Me: Do you need help? S makes a sound like this: sssssssssssssss.....and the next letter is P. Sp...Sp...Sp...

Kiddo: (still looking) Hmmmm....ssssp...ssssp...ssssp... (noticing his cup) ssssssSPILL YOUR MILK!!!!

LH

No comments: