1. Who was your best friend? Had a group of best friends. Folks from choir, mostly. Jodi, Sarah, Jason, Brian, another Brian, Brianna, and Angie, among others.
2. What sports did you play? 9th grade track
3. What kind of car did you drive? 1985 Chevy Nova
4. It's Friday night, where were you? Taco Bell, Village Inn, the Old Market, or at a friend’s house watching Clue (one of the funniest movies ever!)
5. Were you a party animal? Nope - didn't even know where the parties were!
6. Were you considered a flirt? Not that I know of.
7. Ever skip school? Once that I can remember—junior year, I had a big American History test I hadn’t studied for, so I faked illness for a day and crammed.
9. Were you in any clubs? Junior ROTC for a year (to get out of P.E.), Future Teachers of America, Debate, Literary Magazine, choir, show choir, National Honor Society, Mock Trial, Quiz Bowl, Drama. (Good Lord, when did I have time to actually learn something?!?!?!?!)
10. Suspended? Nope.
11. Can you sing the fight song? (To the tune of the University of Oregon’s fight song) We’re the Thunderbirds of West High, we’re the purple gold and white, we will cheer our team to victory, we will always prove our might. Thunderbirds are proud and loyal, and we’ll always do our best, we will fight to win our battles, Thunderbirds of Bellevue West! (yelling) CHEER! CHEER! FOR BELLEVUE WEST CAUSE WE! ARE! NEBRASKA’S BEST! FIGHT! FIGHT! WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT! THUNDERBIRDS KICK SOME @$&^@$ TONIGHT! (okay, that last line’s supposed to be “Thunderbirds win this game tonight” but nobody actually said that except the cheerleaders…)
12. Who was your favorite teacher? Wow…I had some great ones. Some standouts: Mr. Reimer for choir and music theory/history. Mrs. Wolford for English. Mrs. Beckmann for English.
13. What was your favorite class? English, followed closely by show choir/choir/music theory and music history.
14. What was your school's full name? Bellevue West High School
15. School mascot? The Thunderbirds!
16. Did you go to dances? A few of ‘em.
17. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? I’d do senior year over, but that’s about it.
18. What do you remember most about graduation? Singing Irish Blessing Song with the choir.
19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Endlessly debating in English, working my butt off but loving every minute in music theory (and the food days), being a high tenor yet being named bass section leader in choir, singing the stupidest solo in the history of the Broadway musical as part of our production of Oklahoma: The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends.
20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Didn't have one.
22. Where did you go most often for lunch? Lunchroom.
23. Have you gained weight since high school? 8 whole pounds.
24. What did you do after graduation? Went to Northeast Missouri State (which has since changed its name to Truman State University) to get a B.A. in English (cue the ever-so-true Avenue Q song What Do You Do With A B.A. In English?)
25. When did you graduate? 1992
26. Where are most of your classmates? Spread out all over the country. Most of us were military brats, and there was a major restructuring the summer after graduation. They’re all over the place!
27. Did you have a high school sweetheart? Crushes, yes…sweethearts, sadly no. Didn’t go on a single date all throughout high school.
28. Have you changed since? Well, at my 10 year reunion, I was voted “Best Preserved.” (Oh dear...)
29. Have you been to your high school since you graduated? It’s been a couple of years—I try to get to the Choral Christmas Candlelight Concert most years, but didn’t make it this past December.