Monday, June 18, 2007

Eight Random Facts Meme

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3.At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Well, since I was tagged by RevScott and then again indirectly by RuthRE, here goes:

1) Two of my favorite breakfast cereals are Corn Bran and Grape Nuts Flakes.

2) I can play the first 8 bars or so of a Mozart sonatina on a piano with my hands crossed over my head, behind my back (a nifty lil' parlor trick I learned after watching Amadeus).

3) I once worked at the English major's Seventh Heaven (or Seventh Level of Hell, depending on your viewpoint): Cliffs Notes World Headquarters.

4) I once played a Billy Joel song on Vladimir Horowitz's personal piano (New York State of Mind, if you're interested). Vladimir, I sincerely apologize.

5) Due to growing up with my dad's unique pancake recipe, I steadfastly refuse to eat any other type of pancake. French toast, on the other hand, is universally a good food.

6) My friends often refer to cotton, button-down collared shirts with plaid or checkered patterns as "a LutheranHusker shirt." Only they use my real name. Apparently those, and sweaters, are pretty much all I wear.

7) Two of my big and achievable dreams in life are to go to a Red Sox-Yankees game at Fenway Park and to go to a live taping of A Prairie Home Companion at the Fitzgerald Theater.

8) I worked at Camp Carol Joy Holling near Ashland NE for five summers. My first summer, I made a grand total of $600.00. Before taxes. But I wouldn't have traded the experience for the world.

RevScott already tagged most of the folks I would've, so consider yourself tagged if you read this. =) (I know, cheap way out, but hey...that's me. Mr. Cheapo.)

LH

1 comment:

Chris Duckworth said...

While traveling on business last year I went to a Red Sox-Yankees game in the Bronx. Coming from Philadelphia, where apathetic Phillies fans offer chants of E-A-G-L-E-S during April games in anticipation for September football, attending a game where a sold-out crowd actually cared about baseball was amazing. The atmosphere, the chants, the feeling that baseball actually meant something - wow, that was an experience. I hope you can get to the game . . .