From Sally over at the RevGals:
Superbowl ( someone explain to this Brit the significance)- love it or hate it? 5 reasons please!!!!!
I love the Super Bowl! And here's why:
1) It's football. And I know it's the very last football game of any significance until August. It's my last chance to savor the beauty and wonder of this glorious sport, at least for another seven months or so. Sometimes the game itself isn't the best (the playoffs tend to be better games than the Super Bowl itself), but the bottom line is that it's still football. I'll take it. A day with a bad football game is still better than a day with no football game.
2) Best commercials of the year. This is the one time, maybe the only time, where you don't want to get up to use the bathroom during a commercial break. This is the big event companies pull out all the stops and advertising dollars for. The Super Bowl has introduced some of the most classic commercials in American pop culture. Here's a great one by FedEx from a couple of years ago. The best line? "Not my problem."
3) It's football. See #1 above.
4) Super Bowl Salad. Growing up, the Super Bowl was the one time the whole year where we were allowed to eat supper in the living room in front of the TV. And the tradition was Super Bowl Salad...a lettuce salad with tomatoes, assorted bell peppers, cucumbers...well, basically any veggie you can imagine that goes well in a salad...with shrimp. And homemade salad dressing. Good stuff.
5) Lest I forget...it's football. See #3 above.