Monday, July 23, 2007

A Sirius Post =)

Just as an FYI far all two or three of my faithful readers--I am putting myself on a media blackout (which includes blogging) until I finish reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Unfortunately, the release of the book coincided with a very busy weekend personally--I had hoped to have it done by today, in order to participate in the fascinating discussions that I'm sure are happening, but I'm only on page 560 and just can't take the risk of hearing or reading about the ending before I get there myself.

Plus, every minute I spend blogging on here is a minute I could have been spending reading the book. Which reminds me--why am I typing this long post right now???

Gotta run.

LH

4 comments:

Scott said...

One might suggest that the positively dreadful pun contained in your title could be justification for a bit of spoling mischief.

Naaaah - wouldn't want to ruin your fun, you silly git. Can't wait to hear what you think.

John, an unlikely pastor said...

Enjoy the read; but don't stay away too long. Besides you'll miss the next best thing the media tells you to watch or read if you do stay away to long...

LutherLiz said...

Ooo, let us know when you finish. It was so much fun to read!

LutheranHusker said...

"Besides you'll miss the next best thing the media tells you to watch or read if you do stay away too long..."

Don't worry, I'm not one of those who follows the latest thing just because it's cool at the time. I read the first book back in 1999 just to see what all the hype was about, and was immediately hooked. Not because it was the "cool" thing to read, but because Rowling did such an amazing job of creating a universe and characters that are interesting, meaningful, and absorbing. With each succeeding book, I was drawn more deeply into the story and characters.

I'm a cynic when it comes to hype. But occasionally, there's a good reason for it. I think this was one of those cases.