Monday, July 30, 2007

"Deathly Hallows" Rumination

There's a single line in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that has haunted me for almost a week. It's a line that I thought of some importance when I first read it, but whose full impact didn't hit me until a couple of days later. And ever since, I haven't been able to stop thinking of this line:

"Look...at...me..."

For those who haven't read the book, I won't say who uttered those words or to whom it was directed...however, if you have read the book, I'd venture that you know exactly the scene to which I'm referring.

Powerful, moving, heart-rending. For me, perhaps the climax of the entire seven books.

So much to be said--can it only have been 9 days ago that the book was released? Seems like an eternity.

And whilst we are on the subject of Harry Potter...it took a tie-breaker question, but according to this quiz, the character I'd hope to be the most like is the character I'm the most like (if that makes sense...lol):

You scored as Albus Dumbledore, Strong and powerful you admirably defend your world and your charges against those who would seek to harm them. However sometimes you can fail to do what you must because you care too much to cause suffering.

Hermione Granger

80%

Albus Dumbledore

80%

Remus Lupin

60%

Ron Weasley

55%

Severus Snape

55%

Draco Malfoy

45%

Harry Potter

40%

Ginny Weasley

40%

Sirius Black

25%

Lord Voldemort

10%

Your Harry Potter Alter Ego Is...?
created with QuizFarm.com


LH

No comments: